"What I want to tell you is that this is a path. This is a gradual unfolding. It’s a gradual awakening. Transformation of your relationship with food is absolutely possible. I do not have one doubt, not one, that this relationship with food can become a source of pleasure, and joy, and ease in your life. I do not have any doubts that you can do this.
What’s up guys ok here’s the situation
I have 360 followers and that’s pretty bawlin’, so I’m doing a give-away. Except I suck at remembering to ship things so I’m simplifying this.
Here’s the down low:
- Reblog this by May 28th to enter
- Likes don’t count
- Reblog as much as you want, but don’t be obnoxious about it
Waffles topped with Blueberries, Sugar, & Butter
First and foremost, please know I do not encourage or condone self harm. I encourage anyone struggling with SH to please seek help and move towards recovery. That said, having been disordered myself for about 12 years I know recovery takes time and it takes much more than someone telling you “just don’t” to stop. I’ve been working in the medical field as a nursing assistant for 4 years, and wanted to share what I know for when dangerous situations arise. If you are ever in doubt, do not hesitate to call 911. I will be posting an eating disorder and substance abuse version of this in the near future.
- Butterfly Project
- Self Injury Helpline: 1-800-DONT CUT (1-800-366-8288)
- Alternatives to self harm
- Support Chat
- Apply direct pressure to the area to stop the bleeding. If the cuts are on a limb, hold it above your heart.
- If the cut is wide or deep, hold the sides of the injury together
- Clean the area with warm water and soap
- Apply an antibiotic ointment (such as Neosporin)
- Apply a sterile bandage or wrap over the areaFor burns:
- Cool the area with low pressure cool running water or cool cloths for several minutes. Do not use ice, oil, or butter. Burned areas are weak and may become frostbitten easily. Oil or butter will trap the heat in.
- Remove all jewelry and tight fitting clothing as soon as possible - the swelling may make it hard to remove later. If clothing is stuck to your burn, do not try to pull it off.
- If you wish, treat with a topical water soluble burn cream to reduce pain. After 2-3 days, you can use aloe.
- Do not pop blisters
- Wear loose fitting clothing while healing
- If a cut is spurting blood in time to your heart beat, you have hit an artery. Call 911 and do not remove pressure from the area.
- If the cut is deep or over a joint
- If you have lost sensation in the area of injury
- If you continue to bleed heavily after taking the above steps
- If you can see yellow fatty tissue or underlying muscle (will look like a slab of meat)
- If it is hard to hold the sides of the cut together
- If something is stuck in your wound/burn (in the case of something being in your cut, hold the sides together around the object and do not attempt to remove it)
- You were burned using a chemical
Saying casual sex destroys your ability to form meaningful romantic relationships is like saying that talking to a stranger at the bus stop takes away the meaning of your friendships.
In February, I posted two pieces in Bed-Stuy on Tompkins and Halsey. These two pieces got the most attention of any pieces I’ve put up so far. Within a few days, someone had written his response to the work directly onto the posters. From there, a woman wrote a response to him. And it went on and, on with different hand-written comments creating this kind of interesting discussion. The pieces remained up until a week or so ago, when the phallic image was drawn. That’s when I decided to try to take them down.
The “Stop Telling Women to Smile” piece remained in tact enough for me to include it in the exhibition. I thought it was important to present in the show, so that people could view these written reactions.
I love when assertive women scare men to such an extent that they have to resort to infantile shit like this.
They think it will shut women up, but it really just fuels everything further, I hope they know that.
The “devolution” of the poster is more interesting to me than the originals, which I’ve reblogged before.
The fact that a man decided to comment on the poster physically, and was the first to do so, says a lot. Whenever women defend ourselves we get these counter arguments. We get people in general, and not just men, trying to cut down our personal initiatives. And when women, like on the poster, attempt to hold a real discussion we get the brunt of the “dick solution” where we are told that we hate men, we haven’t had a “dick that was good” or we get a penis drawn on the poster meant to make a social commentary about our “place.”
I’ve reblogged the individual posters before because I understand them as a victim of the suggestions. But I’m reblogging them now to show the attempt to keep women in their societal place in our culture.
An excellent example of men not getting the point about street harassment.
“You find our unwanted projections of our opinions of you to be bothersome? Well … well … well … DICKS, THAT’S WHAT! DICKS!!!”
Serious grade-schooler shit here. Grow the fuck up.