My goal is to be very, very cute but also very, very spooky
After seeing the dramatic results from the Ice Bucket Challenge, Indian journalist Manju Latha Kalanidhi was compelled to start something similar, but with an Indian slant. “I felt like doing something more locally tangible. Rice is a staple here,” Kalanidhi told CNN. “We eat it every day, we can store it for months. Why not donate rice to someone who is hungry?”
Go off x1000000
Most of you know who electricmonk333 is. She’s been a member of the SPN family for a long time and makes some amazing edits for us all.
Most of you also know the story of what happened to her just days after DCCon. If not, her post is here.
Her family have put…
please don’t delete this text
that’s just daft tbh
all of us are entering new parts of our lives now and we thought it would be really nice to celebrate on here by doing a little giveaway for all of u
- please be over 18 or have parental permission to enter this giveaway - tumblr’s rules, not ours
- it would be nice, but not necessary, for u to follow ania (earthleaf) and leaf (okmoonkid) if you like our blogs :~) (also if u wanna check out our instagrams @czuup and @leaf.deer that would be rlly nice too :^))
- you can reblog this as many times as you want / however likes do not count (but you can use them to bookmark!!)
- no giveaway blogs please, we will be checking
- we ship worldwide from hong kong - however some materials may not be allowed to be shipped to certain countries
- if you enter, please have your inbox open and be willing to let us know your address so we can ship these bad boys to you
- if you win, you will have 3 days to reply to our notice, but if you don’t then another winner will be randomly selected
- there will be 2 winners - a first place and a runner up. both will be chosen using a random generator
✿ first place will receive:
- a gem parcel, consisting of one small clear quartz point, two tumbled citrines, and one unpolished amethyst point
- either a set of tree-of-life earrings or a tree-of-life pendant
- two tealight / candle holders, handmade of teak wood
- choice of one flower tealight (in either peach, frangipani, or dok moke scents)
- choice of incense sticks (either lily or jasmine scented)
- choice of scented dried flower sachets (either lavender or magnolia scented)
- a small drawing by leaf and a mixtape based on your blog by ania
- a handwritten pressed flower card by the both of us :—)
the first place winner will have priority in choosing what scents and jewellery they would like, the remainder will be given to the runner-up
photos edited using the #EmojiWorld app, courtesy of ania’s phone
you can view examples of leaf’s artwork here
✿ the deadline is october 1st, 2014 at midnight GMT
❀ ✿ ❁ ✾ ❀ ✿ ❁ ✾ ❀ ✿ ❁ ✾ ❀ ✿ ❁ ✾
the idea that you need to have certain amounts of academic education before you are allowed to have thoughts about laws that affect you is cruel, unfair, and untrue
Classist, ableist, and racist.
This little froggie popped up and greeted my friend coming into work this morning!
Do not wear contact lenses if you are in a situation where you may be tear-gassed. When I went through basic training, we were warned that there was a possibility the tear gas they were using could melt contact lenses.
That’s insane, please be careful y’all
Because why go outside (gasp!) and get involved when you can just like and reblog posts from the comfort of your home.
Because sometimes you’re young, and can’t leave your area, or parents won’t let You get involved. so the only thing you can do is spread the message so someone who can help will see it.
"Aaaand made a comic to make people feel bad about themselves, when I’m not doing anything either. Gee that was good use of my time."
God bless glight1994, you nailed it bro.
Or maybe you are constantly working? Or have a family to take care of? Or you don’t have a way to get there???
I apologize for the rant, I had a bad day at work :-)
This is a great movie.
What I want to say EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Baristas are paid minimum wage to follow their company’s policies. That includes using whatever terms their company decides on for branding purposes. If you want a frappuccino instead of a frappe, a large instead of a venti, or whatever other thing you wanna call your drink, that’s fine. Your barista? They are paid shitty wages and work shitty hours and have to deal with hundreds of people telling them medium instead of grande, or large instead of venti (which refers to the fact that it is, actually, 20 oz of liquid, meaning you’re being a jackass for no reason).
Your barista isn’t stupid. They know what a fucking ‘large’ is and they know their store’s branding and slang sounds dumb to a lot of people. So how about, instead of being an asshole to a minimum wage worker, you consider why you keep buying $6 coffees instead of making that shit at home.
I’ll say that one more time.
Your barista is not stupid.
They know what a large is, what a medium is, and what a small is.
They also know they can be fired for not toeing the company line. And they can be fired for not standing there and taking the abuse you’re spewing at them.
They are being paid to not fight back. They are being paid to stand there all day and translate medium to grande and venti and large and regular and all while you bitch about the specific words you “have” to use. They are being paid to be welcoming and friendly and nice to you while you call them stupid.
Bitch, I know baristas with Ph.Ds, okay? Back the fuck off.
This. We are also taught to clarify the customer’s order according to our company’s wording, as evidenced in the gif set. I worked at Starbucks for 3 years and daily I would encounter someone asking for a small, medium or large and I always had to say, “so, you want a tall caramel macchiato?” It’s not hard to say yes or no, especially once the barista picks up the cup and you know that’s the size you want.
We are pretty flexible at McDonald’s. Like I don’t care if you order a frappe or a Frappuccino. I know what you meant. Now espresso drinks sometimes take a bit more clarification but still are easily ordered.
Anyway, yeah. Don’t be an asshole and it’s okay to ask questions.
The baristas who work at my college (yes we have a Starbucks on campus) are absolutely lovely and are all students. For real, don’t be a dick.
I work at Starbucks and I really appreciate seeing that tangent above. UvU I know Venti sounds stupid, I know a frappe or frapp or frapuccino is the same shit, I FUCKING KNOW. Just let me do my shitty job ok??? I get in trouble for saying medium instead of grande, I actually do! And what’s worse, if someone says, “I want a small ____!” and I say, “Okay, a tall _____!” And they go, “No, a SMALL!!!!,” I HAVE TO EDUCATE THEM on how it means the same thing shit.
So just don’t be an asshole???!!